Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Anna Rose's Birthday








Good morning! Today is Anna Rose Hammon Johnson's birthday. I am honored to be Anna Rose's father. She has been a model child, excluding the Bubble Tape incident when she was younger; but that is another story for another time. She has become an extremely professional young woman who has already accomplished much in her young life--accomplished pianist, phenomenal tennis player, spectacular speech and drama champion, valedictorian at Miles Community College, high-achieving college graduate, wonderful wife, and the list goes on and will continue to go on because that's who she is. I would like to say that she has great genes, but I believe Anna Rose came that way. She was definitely a blessing to her mother and me, after seven long years of waiting, praying, fasting, and more praying. While she caused some challenges to her mother, she arrived perfect and beautiful--and all those years dissipated into nothingness when she looked at us with those heavenly eyes and that awesome smile. Surely, Heavenly Father was sadden to let her go but elated when He knew that her earthly parents were wonderfully happy with His precious daughter.

So, my precious Anna Rose, a very Happy Birthday to you on this special day. I LOVE YOU TONS! And I look forward to seeing you this weekend.

Love,

Your proud Father.

1 comment:

Dear Chicka said...

Daddy, thank you so much for this blog! I admit...I am too much like you...tears came to my eyes. Your words touched me.

I love you-
Anna Rose